LIFT (Living Independently with Friendship and Togetherness)
Offered Monday through Friday from 9:30am to 2:30pm
Queens Community House will provide:
- Escorted transportation within the areas of Forest Hills and Rego Park.
- Staff will also assist caregivers to develop a transportation plan from other Queens communities.
- A mid-day meal and nutritious snacks daily.
- Socialization opportunities in a homey and safe environment.
- Activities that are developed specifically to meet the needs and interests of program participants.
- Exercise activities and Falls-Prevention program led by trained professionals.
- Trips to community events, public arenas, and cultural institutions on a monthly basis.
- Creative expression is encouraged through a variety of therapeutic art, music, writing, and drama activities run by carefully selected and trained professionals.
- Discussion groups and reminiscence activities led by professionals.
For more information contact:
Funded in part by the New York City Department for the Aging for elderly who are physically and/or emotionally frail or exhibiting mild memory impairments.
Social Adult Day Services
108-25 62nd Drive, Forest Hills, NY
Laurie Avery- Director, Ext 237
Wendy Kwan,-Assistant Director Ext 230